France: A Vintage Snapshot
I'm headed to France for a vintage snapshot, as I do most every January.
This time I'm traveling with a number of our restaurant management staff. Accompanying Cindy and me from Petit Louis is our Executive Chef, James Lewandowski, Andrew Rohm, Assistant General Manager, Kellie Thompson, Assistant Dining Room Manager, and from Charleston, Julian Marucci, Sous Chef, Chris Goumas, Sous Chef, Bryan Coats and Marcie Prince, both Captains.
The mission of this particular trip is simple in the big picture:
Charleston and Petit Louis are obviously French-inspired (either entirely or in large part) and there is no way to carry them off without having many of the restaurants' leaders internalizing a lot of what inspired Cindy and me in the first place.
The learning that happens at the table is so irreplaceable and therefore we have a number of meals planned. I'm excited to see what discoveries these guys make. Sharing those moments and sometimes guiding one of my guys to them is such a privilege for me. It may be the most satisfying part of what I do.
We've also planned a huge variety of wine experience on this trip so it will be interesting to see how everyone fares. There is a huge variety that comprises the team with me from savvy taster to neophyte. Additionally, I need a feeling for the vintage in regions that I love (The Rhone Valley and Burgundy). I also need to visit my growers for the Petit Louis Cuvee wines: Petit Louis Cuvee 05's are shipping in a few months. Both should be terrific. I had a stronger hand on both wines production and vintage conditions were really super in both Macon-Vergisson and the parcel just outside of CDP where the Louis red is grown.
Something special I have planned upon our return is a CDP tasting and dinner with the growers. I expect to sample some of the wines we'll have on hand at Bin and Petit Louis on this trip. If you're a fan put February 5th on your calendar.
This time I'm traveling with a number of our restaurant management staff. Accompanying Cindy and me from Petit Louis is our Executive Chef, James Lewandowski, Andrew Rohm, Assistant General Manager, Kellie Thompson, Assistant Dining Room Manager, and from Charleston, Julian Marucci, Sous Chef, Chris Goumas, Sous Chef, Bryan Coats and Marcie Prince, both Captains.
The mission of this particular trip is simple in the big picture:
Charleston and Petit Louis are obviously French-inspired (either entirely or in large part) and there is no way to carry them off without having many of the restaurants' leaders internalizing a lot of what inspired Cindy and me in the first place.
The learning that happens at the table is so irreplaceable and therefore we have a number of meals planned. I'm excited to see what discoveries these guys make. Sharing those moments and sometimes guiding one of my guys to them is such a privilege for me. It may be the most satisfying part of what I do.
We've also planned a huge variety of wine experience on this trip so it will be interesting to see how everyone fares. There is a huge variety that comprises the team with me from savvy taster to neophyte. Additionally, I need a feeling for the vintage in regions that I love (The Rhone Valley and Burgundy). I also need to visit my growers for the Petit Louis Cuvee wines: Petit Louis Cuvee 05's are shipping in a few months. Both should be terrific. I had a stronger hand on both wines production and vintage conditions were really super in both Macon-Vergisson and the parcel just outside of CDP where the Louis red is grown.
Something special I have planned upon our return is a CDP tasting and dinner with the growers. I expect to sample some of the wines we'll have on hand at Bin and Petit Louis on this trip. If you're a fan put February 5th on your calendar.

1 Comments:
Can't wait to hear about all of the experiences- and what is to come!
Post a Comment
<< Home